After the weirdness of last week, I’m (mostly) glad it’s Monday. It’s a new week and a fresh start. I was going to start the week off with my big half marathon announcement until I realized/ remember I already made the announcement! Silly me. So instead we’ll kick the week of with some of the things I learned during my glorious 3 mile run on Friday.
10 Things I Learned in 3 Miles
- The wind is evil.
- Running in the heat is going to be a must this summer. I’m running my half on August 1st. Chances are it’s going to be hot. I need to get used to it.
- Shorts – Learn to Love Them. I’ve never been a shorts person. I need to get over that because capris aren’t going to cut it come summer.
- Fueling – It’s time to embrace it. Up until now I’ve been able to get away with not fueling during runs. Up until now, I haven’t done many runs longer than 45 minutes or so. However, with half marathon training, I’m going to have to start fueling during my runs. Of course, step one here is learning about it. I should probably start that now before I really need to start doing it. Any tips or suggests please share.
- Hydration, hydration, hydration. Like fueling, on shorter runs, I usually just go without water since I don’t like to carry things with me. This isn’t going to work for much longer. I’m thinking about buying a CamelBak.
- It is high time I purchase a RoadID.
- It is high time I purchase a SPIBelt or something similar as well.
- The iMapMyRun iPhone app is great but not totally reliable. I want a Garmin.
- I need a damn raise to support my running habit!
- I’m now taking applications for a running fairy godmother/ sugar daddy.
I’ve got yoga tonight, but I’m considering skipping to spend time with Chris. I feel like we haven’t spent any quality time together in forever.