In keeping with my goal to set goals and see them through, it’s time for December’s goals! As I mentioned, my plan is to make two or three goals each month, but before I get to December’s goals let’s see how November went. I fair okay. Really, I like to think of it as a warm up for this month.
- Get in at least 5 runs. – This just didn’t happen. I ran twice. It was a combination of busyness, weather, and just not making exercise a priority.
- Stain and finish coffee tables and end tables. – The tables are finished and in my condo. I’ve move on to staining the bookshelf my brother made.
- Set 3 quality goals for December. – Well here they are…
- Do strength training. – I always put off strength training which is absurd since it’s extremely important and the easiest form exercise to fit in – a few calf raises standing at the copy machine, some wall push-ups in the bathroom, some crunches straight out of bed. My goal is to get a minimum of 30 minutes of strength training per week. I figure 10 minutes three times a week is nothing, and I have plenty of resources available to me. I really have no excuse for not making this happen.
- Keep my food journal up to date. – Weight has been slowly creeping back on, and I know it’s because I haven’t been paying much attention to what I’ve been eating. A while back I followed Laura’s lead and created a separate, semi-private, blog strictly for tracking my food and exercise. I don’t expect I’ll track much, if at all, while in Mexico, but I want to make sure I’m tracking breakfast, lunch, and dinner until I leave for the airport on the 23rd.
- Finish unpacking the boxes in my garage and organizing “important documents”. – This is a two part goal, but they go hand-in-hand. I moved into my condo over a year ago, and I still have a few organizational disasters going on. There are several boxes in my garage that I need to either a) bring the stuff up into my condo and put it away somewhere, b) throw it out, or c) buy legit storage bins to keep it stored in down in my garage. I also have a giant stock of important documents and mail I need to go through, organize and handle all this paper. My goal is to have both of these things done before the year ends.
So, there you have it – my December goals. I also have my grocery budget challenge in December so I tried to keep these simple, focused, and relevant.