Last night the plan was to make this loaded potato soup from Cooking Light, but after having black bean soup for lunch yesterday and the day before, and the dinner before that…I just wasn’t in the mood more soup. Plus, I’ve been on a serious brinner kick lately.
Breakfast for Dinner Pizza
1 tube of crescent roll dough (or any crust of your choosing)
1 small onion, chopped
16 oz breakfast sausage
3 small Yukon gold potatoes
1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
¼ c milk
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Roll your crescent roll dough out in a jelly roll pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Brown the breakfast sausage – like you would brown ground beef.
- Dice the potatoes into bite sized pieces. Sautee them with a little bit of olive oil to soften. (Once the sausage was cooked, I added the potatoes to that pan for a little extra flavor.)
- Top dough with onions, sausage, potatoes and cheese.
- Beat eggs with milk and pour on top of toppings.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
You could certainly top this with all sorts of other veggies, tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, Brussels sprouts…anything your little heart desires.