I don’t have a weigh-in this week since I’m currently sailing the seven seas with the boy and some family. However, I wanted to share my plan of attack for the trip. I’ll be sure to let you know how it went when I get back!
My goal for the trip is to not gain weight (or at least limit weight gain to water weight that will drop right back off rather actual weight gain.) So here are the strategies I planned to help keep me on track.
- Choose 1 indulgence meal a day. If I want a big fancy breakfast then I need to have lighter meals at lunch and dinner. Going in, I pretty much figured I’ll be eating “normally” during the day and indulging more at dinner. Along with this I want to make my indulgences worth it. I don’t want to eat things just because they’re there. I want to enjoy them.
- Workout at least three days on the ship. (I need to do this to keep up with my current fitness challenge anyway!)
- Roughly track all my food. I’m not necessarily going to be counting points on the ship, but I plan to at least write everything down. I’m pretty good about not over-doing it as long as I’m conscious of what I’m eating. Writing things down help keep me conscious of what I’m putting in my mouth.
- Limit alcohol. This one is either going to be incredibly easy or incredibly difficult. Neither the boy nor I are big drinkers to begin with, and he has to limit his alcohol in take due to medication which should make it much easier to limit my in take. However, I’m sure fruity drinks will abound, and the beverages bill is being footed.
- Try to bring snacks with me one port days. We’re bring some snacks with us, but I don’t know how long they’ll last.
Even though I have the option to skip weigh in at my meeting, I will be weighing in the Tuesday after I get back. Hopefully I don’t do too much damage.