What do you get when you combine a pound of cherries that are on their last leg, and an excess of cream cheese frosting? Why, fresh Cherry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting of course!
One day I will learn that following the measurements for any of the Wilton icing recipes will result in more icing than you could possibly ever need!
Fresh Cherry Cupcakes
serves 14 | 5 points+ per serving
Combining chopped fresh cherries with pureed fresh cherries or cherry juice these cupcakes are undeniably moist and delicious even without icing. Top with cream cheese icing for a cherry cheesecake flavor.
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup pitted and chopped cherries
¾ cup milk
¾ tablespoon vinegar
¼ c cherry puree or cherry juice
¼ cup butter
2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix milk and vinegar and set aside
Note: You could also use ¾ cup buttermilk. This may alter the points+ value
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes
- Add egg, oil, vanilla extract and cherry puree.
- Gradually mix in dry ingredients alternating with milk mixture and ending with the final addition of dry ingredients.
- Fold in chopped cherries
- Pour into muffin pan and bake for 16 – 19 minutes.
In case you need a reason to make these, they’re are a great way to say “Thank you for watching my pets while I’m out of town!”