Last week’s weight: 153.8lbs
This week’s weight: 152.6lbs
Total Loss: -12.2lbs, this session: -4.2 lbs
Despite this being my biggest loss in nearly two months, I am having (had) a hard time writing this week’s post. Even though I felt pretty confident going in to weigh in, I was slightly nervous for two reasons. First, I started feeling a bit of bloating/ an upset stomach during the afternoon which I feared was going to adversely affect me. Second, after tracking the vast majority of my weekend points (I know there’s things I forgot,) I actually ended up in the red. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m super excited to be at my *new* lowest weight, but I finished the week in the red and still lost? That didn’t seem right to me. However, as I’ve thought about it I think the key is that I really stuck to my goals this week.
- Stick to my 26 point daily target. This actually wasn’t as much of a challenge as I was expecting on “normal” days. I just focused on eating a lot of fruits and vegetables and other power foods. I will say it’s next to impossible to stick to 26 points if there is any “splurging,” but that’s what the weekly points allowance and activity points are for isn’t it.
- Track daily. The only day I know there are some gaps is Sunday when we were building gingerbread houses. There was definitely some candy that went unaccounted for.
- Minimum 35 servings of fruits and veggies. Nailed it with 40 servings
- Run three days. I actually only ran twice, but that’s still better than nothing.
- Incorporate 1 other workout. I did do some mini strength training sessions throughout the week.
I think the tracking (d’uh) and sticking to 26 points daily is what really did it for me. When I really thought about it, 5 days of eating 26 daily points did save me 15 points over the course of the week. So even though I was in the red based on my daily total of 26, I would have been around the brake even point if I’d been targeting 29 points daily. I was losing at 29 points (when I was tracking diligently and working hard,) but I stuck with the 26 in an effort to meet my more aggressive year end goal. So I guess the loss it’s as big of a shock as it originally seemed.
This is a busy week with a lot of holiday festivities going on so I’m keeping my goals simple. My goals for this week are as follows:
- Earn at least 25 activity points
- Track all but Saturday. We have three Christmas parties on Saturday so I’m giving myself a “free day.” I still plan to write things down and plug them into the tracker, but I’m going to cut myself a little bit of slack.
- Stick to the 26 daily points again
Here’s to another slammin loss next week!