Alright, executive decision has been made: December to Remember Challenge updates are now being posted on Tuesdays. I should know well enough by now that I’m really not a weekend blogger. I just don’t have/ make time for it. Oh well, an update is an update right?
I’m still struggling with the fitness side of the challenge. Remember back in, like, September when I joined a gym that was supposed to be opening in mid- to late November? Well, November came and went and the gym hadn’t opened. However, I was then told the grand opening date would be December 15th. So, truth be told, I planned this challenge around the expectation that my gym would be open for at least half the month of December. This was where I was planning to get most of my strength training and cross training done. Well, it’s not December 20th and this gym still is not open. I called the location, and they told me it would be open this Thursday. I emailed X-Sport corporate, and they told me the 26th. In any case, the point is that I’d been counting the gym to be open and it isn’t which means I’ve had to get creative on my cross training and strength training. I’ve been taking the dog on longer evening walks, and I’ve been running up and down the stairs in my condo at the suggestion of Laura. (I’m also pretty sure my neighbors think I’m bat-shit crazy.)
The one area I’m lacking in most is miles run which is a bit ironic as I figured that would be a piece of cake goal. I’m trying to be positive about it, but I think it’s almost unrealistic to hit that goal at this point…at least without injuring myself. Oh well, I’m going to try. The month ain’t over yet.
- Run 75 miles – 15/75 (20%)
- Cross Train 250 minutes – 115/250 (46%)
- Strength Train 150 minutes – 40 /150 (27%)
- Hold a 2 minute plank – 45 seconds
- 2 “real” push-ups – I can get halfway down and back up twice
- Hold a 90 second wall squat – 45 seconds
- Track food/ points 25 complete days – 19/25 (76%)
- Make 15 new healthy recipes from my cookbook stash – 7/15 (47%)
- 160 servings of fruits and veggies. – 100/160 (63%)