As I mentioned last week, I’m the Chicago planning partner for the #hlbbookclub movie meet-up to see Oz: The Great and Powerful.
Right now that plan is to head to the AMC River East theater on Sunday, March 10th for the 12:45 pm showing. All are welcome, blogger and readers alike, and please friends, don’t make me see this movie alone. That would just be depressing. I was also thinking about organizing a meet-up before hand for either brunch or coffee/ tea.
If you’re interested in attending, fill out the form below. I’ll be emailing everyone on Friday afternoon (or maybe Saturday morning) with the final details.
If you’re not sure, you can always skip the form and just meet us at the theater around 12:15 on Sunday.
Hope to see you there!
This post is going to be a series of randomly unrelated bits of information and housekeeping. They all need to be posted sooner rather than later. I don’t feel like blowing up your reader with multiple posts tomorrow, and it’s unlikely I’ll managed to get it together for separate posts throughout the week.
- Did you read The Wonderful Wizard of Oz as part of the Healthy Living Blogs book club? (It’s one of my favorite books ever though I haven’t actually finished my re-reading yet.) Did you skip the book but still want to see the new Oz: The Great and Powerful movie? Do you live in Chicago? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions you’re in luck because I’m the planning partner for the Chicago movie meet-up! The event is tentatively planned for Sunday, March 10th at the AMC River East theater. Showtimes haven’t been released that far out yet, but if you’re interested send me an email runninginchucks @ gmail.com. I’d love to find a time that works for as many people as possible!
- I won my DietBet! My final weigh-out was 157.8lbs. I exceeded my goal by 1.2lbs, and that was two days into vacation too! I’m extremely proud of myself and plan to join another one for the month of March. Apparently with a little hard work and dedication I actually CAN lose weight!
- I know I punked out on the last half of my road trip posts. Tuesday we were at the Grand Canyon and Sedona and the pictures from my phone don’t even begin to do the sights we saw justice. Wednesday (Day 5) was spent loafing around my friend’s house so there weren’t any pictures taken! I didn’t get a post up on Day 6 because we had crappy cell coverage through the mountainous back-roads between Arizona and New Mexico then we spent some quality time with my aunt and uncle. By that point it was just the return trip home, and I figured I’d just blog recaps with the good pictures from my camera. I have over 550 pictures so don’t worry, there’s plenty to see.
- If you’re interested in running the Chicago Pretty Muddy race with me, the early registration discount ends on March 1st. This means the pricing is increasing $10! Hurry up and register now! If you want to join me team (and I suggest you do. I’m thinking there will be tu-tus involved!) the team name is Muddy Girls Do It Better.
- Getting back into the healthy living groove post-vacation has been surprisingly easy this time around. I’m chalking it up to my attempt to at least try to be healthy on this trip. It definitely got rough near the end – exhaustion and being sick and tired of baby carrots lead to failed workout attempts (at least I tried right?) and a few fast food meals (which I mostly did actually track!), but all in all, I feel really good about how well I did staying on track during vacation. I was only actually up two pounds as Monday morning.