A few weeks ago Erin over at Big Girl Feats started her 10 Week Turnaround Challenge. I thought it was a brilliant idea, and I immediately jumped on board. Then I promptly fell off the wagon. However, I still think it’s a brilliant idea, and it seems like an even better way to jump start my true efforts.
The idea is that each week, for ten weeks, you add one new goal to focus on for the week. Week 1 Starts today.
For this week I chose to eliminate all meals out except two. We usually go out to dinner with friends (or family) about once a week, but lately meals out have become more and more frequent, and I’m definitely starting to feel the effects. This week I get one dinner out and one “I need to grab a quick breakfast/ lunch” meal.
1. (6/12 – 6/18): Eat out no more than twice.
If there are two things bloggers love it’s lists and goals. The first time I ran across a X while X list was on my friend Erin‘s blog. Since then Laura, Heather and other bloggers have posted their own lists. Today is my birthday, and as part of my quest to become more sentimental and make the most of my 28th year, I’ve decided to hop on board and make my own list. Some of these items are off my Mission 101 list and some a new goals. The goal of this list is to have new adventures, try new things, and challenge myself. I don’t plan take the list too seriously because the goal is to have fun and enjoy life. I’ll update this list as the year progresses and track my lists on my 28 While 28 page.
- Maintain my 28th Year Journal/ Scrapbook (more on this later)
- Visit a local (IL, IN, WI, MI) brewery
- See the Mythbusters exhibit @ Museum of Science and Industry
- Visit The Ledge at the Sear’s Tower
- Eat at 5 new restaurants
Try 12 new beers
- Eat Vegan for 1 week
Consistently strength train for 30 days
- Find, frame and display 6 photos
- Make 28 recipes from my cookbooks
- Do #photoaday for 1 whole month
Self host my blog & host a giveaway
Move in with Nik
- Do a sprint triathlon
- Visit a haunted house
- Hike 3 Chicago area trails
- Bike 3 (different) Chicago area trails
- Run the Spring Grove Cornmaze 5K
- Run the Zoo Run Run 5K
- Reach my goal weight & become a Weight Watcher’s Lifetime member
- Pick a pumpkin and carve it
- Go to the beach
Go to the zoo
- Go to a baseball game
- Make whoopie pies
- Take a cooking class (e.g. a sushi making class)
- Host a game night
- Volunteer for the Chicago marathon