I’m sure you all are anxiously awaiting my marathon recap, but it’s turning out to be a much more difficult post to write than I ever expected it to be. Hopefully by the end of the week. Anyway, on to the goals starting with a review of last week’s goals. Things were going very well to start last week, but between my marathon, marathon recovery, and the wonderful cold I picked up during the marathon, things pretty much fell apart over the weekend.
- Track 6 out of 7 days (I’m more or less giving myself marathon day off tracking.) Well, I tracked like a champ until Saturday. I only ended up tracking 5/7 days
- Eat clean/ limit eating out to two meals (preferably post-marathon) This was actually a totally unrealistic/ poorly planned goal on my part. I should have expected that I’d be eating out for most of my meals on Saturday, and that I probably wasn’t going to be up for much cooking on Sunday or Monday. Plus Nik and I had planned a lunch out on Monday. However, I didn’t eat out at all prior to the marathon which was really the intention of this goal. So even though, I ultimately ate out 5 meals, I do consider this goal somewhat of a success.
- Drink 100 – 150 oz of water daily. I didn’t track on Saturday, but even without Saturday, I drank a total of 791 oz of water which averages to 113 oz a day.
- Gentle stretching/ restorative yoga two times I did this on Wednesday and last night. 2/2
- Create/ Find marathon check list and pack up by Thursday night. I was actually fully packed (minus a few things I needed on Friday morning) and ready to go before I went to bed Thursday night. This is a major victory for me since I’m usually scrambling to pack at the last-minute. 1/1
So despite not reaching my tracking and eating out goals I had an overall success rate of 83% this week. Not too shabby considering. So this week’s goals. My main goal for the week is to get my eating back on track. Now that marathon training is over I need to get back to sticking to my daily points plus target. I also want to make sure I’m getting some light activity in to help my poor little legs recover. With that in mind here are my goals:
- Food Journal 5 out of 7 days. The goal here being to make sure I’m actually hungry when I’m eating.
- Stay out of the pantry after dinner. If I’m hungry after dinner I have to stick to the fridge; ya know, where the fresh fruits and veggies live. If I’m not hungry enough to eat fruits or veggies, I probably don’t really need to eat.
- Light exercise 3 days. I’m hoping to get an easy bike ride in tomorrow night with Nik, and him, and I are planning our first hike for this weekend (provided my legs are feeling up to it.) That leaves me one other day to fit in a light workout of some sort.
- Repeating the water goal: 100 – 150 oz daily particularly on the weekends which is when I struggle most with hydration.