My friend Jessica over at Bliss & Balance does a weekly post highlighting the little things that made her happy in the previous week. (By the way, Jessica will be presenting on blogger self-care and staying happy during HLS in September.) I love the idea, and I’ve got a lot of things I’m really happy about today so I’m going to take some inspiration from her and write them down!
- I got a 116% in my Intro to Business class! Honestly, it really wasn’t hard; a lot of the assignments were option, and you only needed 800 (out of 1,025 possible) points to get an A. I definitely slacked on an entire unit, but overall, I really did work hard. And I did go back and read the stuff I “missed” during the unit I slacked on!
- I just bought a pair of short I actually like – maybe even love! – from Old Navy. (I was slightly less happy when I went online to find a picture only to discover they were $5 cheaper online than I paid in store. They seem to be out of stock online though so I’m happy again.) I didn’t even go looking for shorts, but I loved the print so I tried them on. This is the first pair of shorts that I’ve tried on and actually liked in probably 10 years.
- My Erin Condren Life Planner was (finally!) delivered today! After seeing many a blogger rave about how wonderful the Erin Condren Life Planners are, I finally sucked it up and dropped the cash for one. I was extremely hesitant because I’ve bought a ton of different planners in the past and never really found one I liked and stuck with. At $55 a pop, the Life Planners ain’t cheap, but Sarah sold me when she said this is really the first planner that’s ever successfully kept her organized.
- My surprise party this past weekend was a success! He had no idea I was planning a party for him and was truly surprised!
- I had a really delicious Maple Bacon Donut from Do-Rite Donuts today. It’s between my office and Old Navy so I stopped and grabbed one on my way back to the office. (Though admittedly, I wish I waited until tomorrow to get their Campfire Smore’s donut!)
- I bought Book of Mormon tickets for Nik and I for his birthday. I saw it back in February “with” my family, and Nik was rather upset I went without him. I’ve been talking about getting us tickets ever since, but never executed the plan. I finally went ahead and bought tickets to go see it on his birthday.