So I decided to do my Happiness Highlights as a weekly wrap-up of sorts on Fridays instead of posting on Mondays. Also, some of these date back more that this week. Here we go…
- I finally got a new phone last night! My HTC was still working pretty well, but the phone itself was completely out of memory and the battery was shot. I was pretty much counting down the days until October 1 when I qualified for an upgrade. We went last night and I, after a great deal of debate, got the Galaxy S4. So far, I’m loving it. I just need the case I ordered to arrive because this phone is so thin and light and smooth I’m not entire convince I won’t somehow manage to break it before Tuesday.
- Nik’s brother moved out so we have a guest room now (or we will once we pain and crap)! His brother living there was never really a big issue since he was rarely there, but I’m really excited to have the extra space. The house is not really big enough for three grown-ass people to live in it.
- I bought a new sewing machine and a craft cart/ table so I can have a dedicated crafting space now that we’ve got extra room. The sewing machine was actually an unplanned bonus because Walmart was selling the craft cart I wanted as part of a bundle with the sewing machine for $10 more than Target wanted for just the cart. I hate Walmart, but I couldn’t pass it up. Especially since it was a legit sewing machine. I can’t wait to get my craft on!
- October 1st is one of our top 5 busiest days at work. I was so on the ball last week that I actually managed to leave work early last Friday because everything was done. On top of leaving early I also bound the new account I’ve worked on solo. This is a pretty big victory considering I’ve been pushing for and working hard towards more responsibility.
- Hockey season is back! And my beloved Blackhawks won their home opener…after raising their Stanley Cup banner.
Happier moments from 9/20/13 – 10/3/13