As I mentioned last week, I love me some black beans. Even more than black beans, I love black bean soup. There’s a super quick and easy black bean soup recipe I usually make, but since I hear slow-cookers make great soup, I decided to give it a try. Added bonus: I got to try out my new immersion blender.
I used this recipe as my inspiration.
Spicy Black Bean Soup
Basic Black Beans
1 can crushed tomatoes
2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
1 bag frozen corn
1 large red onion, diced
3 gloves garlic, minced
1/2 T chili powder
1/2 T cilantro
- Make the basic black beans overnight.
- Add everything else to slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Use immersion blender to puree some of the black beans to thicken the soup. (You can also scoop some of the soup mixture into a blender and puree a few cups of soup.)
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese, avocado, and sour cream