TV Shows I Waited WAY TOO LONG to Start Watching
- @midnight. – I don’t know why it took me so long to start watching this since I love all things Nerdist. (I had an epic crush on Chris Hardwick back before he was king of the nerds and hosting Singled Out.) This show is beyond hilarious. I’ve laughed out loud through every episode I’ve watched.
- House of Cards. – Political dramas aren’t really my thing so while this show has been on my to watch list for a while now, it hasn’t been a priority. We’re three episodes in now though, and I’m hooked. Kevin Spacey is amazing.
Podcasts I Waited WAY TOO LONG to Start Listening
- NPR’s Pop Culture Happy Hour – I actually tried to listen to this one in that past because I know many people who love it, but I struggled to get in to it. I now realized my problem was I was listening to old episodes. Pop culture is decidedly less interesting when it’s not timely.
- NPR’s Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me – This is actually part of an effort I’m making to keep up with the news. I’m now completely hooked, and really want to go see this live. (I work 2 blocks from the theather and regularly go to the building to get India food for lunch.)
TV Shows I’m Super Excited About a New Season
- Orphan Black – I started watching this show completely on a whim. It airs on Saturday night after Doctor Who so we’d seen commercials for it, but never actually watched. I couldn’t find it on any streaming platforms so I ended up actually getting the DVDs through Netflix. We were hooked on the first episode. The new season starts April 19th (10 days!!). Oh and if you’re interested (and you should be!) Season 1 is now available through Amazon Prime Instant Video.
- Doctor Who – I love Doctor Who, and I’m excited to start the adventure with a new Doctor.
Weekend Events Un-Related to TV (and Unintentionally Related) to the Wedding that I’m Super Excited About
- The engagement party his family is throwing for us. Despite my feelings that it’s probably not necessary to have an engagement party 4 months into an 11 month engagement, it will be really nice to have all of our family together in one place.
- Going dress shopping with my brideslaves, er, bridesmaids. Since my sister-in-law (and co-Matron of honor) will be in town for the engagement party, I decided to round up the rest of my local girls to go dress shopping. I’m mostly just excited to hang out with everyone. The dress shopping is kind of secondary to that.
Signs Spring Might Actually be Arriving in Chicago…Maybe.
These gladiolas starting to pop through in my sad, sad flower bed.
- I went for a run after work yesterday in just capris and a t-shirt!