Regular posting and two posts in one day! Who I am?! I was going to post this yesterday since I’ve been doing my goals on Tuesday, but I wanted to post my goals with the return of my Weight Watchers Wednesday weigh in posts. So first up…
Weight Watchers Wednesday
Last week: 158.2lbs
This week: 157.8lbs
So last week was my first official post-marathon weigh in. I gained a total of 8 lbs over the course of marathon training. I’m not terribly upset about this as I was expecting some weight gain, but I’m definitely ready to get things headed in the other direction again.
I do wonder about how much of the weight gain is actual muscle. I can tell I’ve gained leg muscle. There’s definitely some definition in my quads that wasn’t there before and don’t even get me started on my calves. My clothes don’t really feel 8 lbs worth of tighter either. But I also know I didn’t gain 8 lbs of muscle. I’m not really worried about it one way or the other since my goal weight is still my goal weight, but it is something I’ve been thinking about.
Moving right along…
I’m not going to lie. I kind of fell apart on last week’s goals after Friday. Friday evening I went to a girl’s night with my friend Colleen at her mom’s house. There was lots of snacking, and a little too much drinking, and absolutely no tracking. Nights like that tend to derail my tracking. They don’t send me flying off the bandwagon, but since they throw off my whole concept of how many points I have left, I just sort of give up on tracking. Let’s review, shall we?
- Food Journal 5 out of 7 days. I did pretty good on this one until Friday. I should have at made a list on my phone since that would have helped keep me from eating too many snackies. Ultimately I journaled 4 out of the 5 days I wanted.
- Stay out of the pantry after dinner. I did really well on this one. I made a point to stay out of the pantry and not snack in the evening. Friday things went to hell when I went out, and Sunday I got my snack on excessively at Mother’s Day dinner. The problem on Sunday was I let myself get to hungry though. This was 5/7
- Light exercise 3 days. I biked on Thursday night, went for an easy run on Saturday morning and hiked on Sunday. 3/3
- Repeating the water goal: 100 – 150 oz daily particularly on the weekends I came up short on Saturday. (I tracked 85 oz; it is possible I drank more and forgot to track it.) Otherwise I was between 100 – 150oz every day, and my overall average was more than 100oz per day.
As far as this week’s goals go, I’m going to be heading out-of-town Thursday evening and coming back on Tuesday. We’re going to Cedar Point on Friday and spending the rest of the long weekend at my family’s house. I could resign myself to just calling it a bad week already, but I really want to try my best to stay on track so my goals are aiming towards just that.
- Water Goal: 100 oz minimum daily.
- Fruits and Veggies: 5 servings minimum daily
- Tracking: 7 out of 7 days. (My real goal here is to track the weekend even if it’s just keeping a running list in a memo on my phone and not actually tracking points til later)
- Workout: 3 times
- Alcoholic drinks: 3 max per day.
Hopefully I can keep things on track for another loss next week!