Oh hi friends! Long time. What better way to come back than with a tasty recipe to get your summer started.
So here’s a confession, I’m not a big fan of chocolate. I’m also not a big fan of ice cream. I know. I’m basically a traitor to my gender, right? Don’t get me wrong, every now and then I get a craving for it, but by and large, I don’t think about it. I’d much rather have a chocolate dipped frozen banana (Yeah, I know i just said I don’t like chocolate. Exceptions are made for chocolate with peanut butter and banana.) or a popsicle. Plus, ice cream doesn’t sit very well with me anyway so it’s better for everyone that I don’t eat it.
Unfortunately, most popsicles are high in sugar and low on nutritional value. A while ago I picked up a box of those Yasso Greek Yogurt bars in an attempt to find a healthier alternative. They were good, but I didn’t love them. Enter my healthier Strawberry Greek Yogurt pops!
This past weekend, it got pretty warm. We broke out the smoker for the first time this season, and it really felt like summer was in full effect. So I decided to bust out the popsicle molds
we got as a wedding gift and try my hand at some homemade Greek yogurt bars with what I had on hand. Let me just say, my first attempt at popsicle was a major success. I’m looking forward to making many more popsicles this summer. They’re the perfect treat on a hot day.
These pops come together with 4 simple ingredients: 2 containers of strawberry Greek yogurt, some sliced, fresh strawberries, about a half cup of almond milk, and a splash of vanilla.
- 2 - 6 ounce containers of strawberry Greek Yogurt
- 8 - 10 medium strawberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash and hull strawberries before thinly slicing.
- Whisk together yogurt, vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup of the milk.
- Slowly whisk in remaining milk until the mixture thins to the consistency of regular yogurt.
- Fold in strawberry slices.
- Fill popsicle molds making sure to leave some space at the top for expansion.
- Freeze popsicles at least 6 hours, or overnight.
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. Purchasing through affiliate links is an easy, painless way to help out your favorite bloggers. Thank you so much for your continued support!